PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
1. Growing Your Writing Wings (Years 4-6) (1 hr)
- Introduction to the author ‘Steve Heron’
- An emotional literary escapade based on the book ‘MAXIMUS’.
- Helping middle-grade children not be alone with their feelings.
- Exploring emotions through descriptive writing.
Sometimes you need a special friend to give you wings …
2. Stuff Sucks – Conquering the Unvanquished Truths
(Years 4-6) (1 hr)
- A short exploration of ‘Freak the Mighty’ – by Rodman Philbrick.
- Readings and references from ‘MAXIMUS’.
- Expressing the tough stuff through writing.
- Journaling, poetry and conquering the unvanquished truths.
3. Don’t Press My Buttons
(Years 1-3) (1 hour) – or expanded 2 hr workshop
An investigation of feelings based on the (yet to be published) book ‘Don’t Press My Buttons’.
- Problems occur when Branson lets others press his buttons.
- One day he discovers his BREATHE button and decides to be the boss of his feelings.
- Explores the principles of emotional intelligence, body language and self-regulation.
- These concepts are crafted in a fun way that children can embrace. Includes singing, writing, and button pressing.
4. Balancing the Power – PD for School Staff and Conference Speaker
(1 hour) (Parent workshop – 1.5 for parents)
- A resilient child is a positive learner.
- A presentation on antibullying, relationships, conflict resolution and resilience, with references to Maximus
- Helping schools/classes develop a culture of respect and social/emotional wellbeing.
- Download Steve Heron Presentations 2019
- Download Maximus Teaching Notes
- Download Australian Curriculum Maximus
Please contact me for packages and author fees schedule
- Contact Steve to make a booking: CONTACT LINK
- Fees based on ASA (Australian Association of Authors) schedule.
- Member of SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators), CBCA and ASA
- Working With Children Check No: 115445
- ABN 54 701 702 317
- Public Liability Insurance
- Australian Curriculum Links