STEVE HERON – CHILDREN’S AUTHOR
SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS AND LIBRARY VISITS
1. Wings – Growing YourWriting Wings (10-12 year-olds) (1 – 1.5 hr)
- An emotional literary escapade based on the book ‘MAXIMUS’.
- A presentation that will assure middle-grade children that they are not alone with their feelings, aiding them to explore the tough stuff in their life through writing.
- Descriptive writing, journaling and conquering the unvanquished truths.
Sometimes you need a special friend to give you wings …
Will an encounter with a surprising new feathered friend and the reliability of old ones help Mitch get his mojo back?
2. MAXIMUS AND ANZAC 2019 (class groups yrs 4 to 6) (1 hr)
My middle-grade novel has a number of Anzac references which form the basis of a new presentation “ANZAC RESPECT” I am offering schools and libraries for term 1 2019.
The interactive presentation goes for one hour and will include:
- Unpacking Mitch’s Anzac Project Swag
- Anzac Respect Poetry
- Anzac Day memories
- Writng about heroes and symbols of Anzac
- Some short readings from the book
I have permission from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to use the word Anzac in connection with my novel.
3. Don’t Press My Buttons (7 to 9 year-olds) (1 hour)
– A journey through feelings based on the (yet to be published) book ‘Don’t Press My Buttons’. Branson is born with one button but soon grows more.
- Problems occur when Branson lets others press his buttons.
- One day he decides to be the boss of his own feelings and master of his own buttons.
- This presentation explores significant principles of emotional intelligence, body language and self-regulation.
- The presentation takes these concepts and crafts them in a fun way that children can embrace. Includes singing, writing, and button pressing.
4. Balancing the Power – PD for School Staff and Conference Speaker (1 hour)
- A resilient child is a positive learner.
- A presentation on antibullying, relationships, conflict resolution and resilience.
- Helping schools/classes develop a culture of respect and social/emotional wellbeing.
- (The same presentation is adapted for parent workshops 1.5 hrs)
Please contact me for packages and author fees schedule
- Contact Steve to make a booking: CONTACT LINK
- Fees based on ASA (Australian Association of Authors) schedule.
- Member of SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators) and ASA
- Working With Children Check No: 115445
- ABN 54 701 702 317
- Public Liability Insurance
- Australian Curriculum Links