STEVE HERON – CHILDREN’S AUTHOR
SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS AND LIBRARY VISITS
1. Wings – Growing YourWriting Wings
(Year 4-6) (1 – 1.5 hr)
An emotional literary escapade based on the book ‘MAXIMUS’.
• Helping middle-grade children to not be alone with their feelings
• Exploring the tough stuff in their life through writing.
• Descriptive writing, journaling and conquering the unvanquished truths.
Sometimes you need a special friend to give you wings …
2. ANZAC RESPECT
(Class groups – Yrs 4 to 6) (1 hr)
An interactive presentation based on the Anzac references in Maximus.
- • Unpacking Mitch’s Anzac Project Swag
• Anzac Respect Poetry
• Anzac Day memories
• Writing about heroes and symbols of Anzac
• Some short readings from the book
I have permission from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to use the word Anzac in connection with my novel.
3. Bully-Free Class
(Years 3-4) (1 hour)
A new class presentation based on my picture book “The Magpie Who Wasn’t a Chicken”. Kids will learn bullyproofing skills and how to make their class bully-free
4. Don’t Press My Buttons
(Years 1-3) (1 hour)
An exploration of feelings based on the (yet to be published) book ‘Don’t Press My Buttons’.
- Problems occur when Branson lets others press his buttons.
- One day he discovers his BREATHE button and decides to be the boss of his feelings.
- Explores the principles of emotional intelligence, body language and self-regulation.
- These concepts are crafted in a fun way that children can embrace. Includes singing, writing, and button pressing.
5. Balancing the Power – PD for School Staff and Conference Speaker
(1 hour) (Parent workshop – 1.5 for parents)
- A resilient child is a positive learner.
- A presentation on antibullying, relationships, conflict resolution and resilience.
- Helping schools/classes develop a culture of respect and social/emotional wellbeing.
Please contact me for packages and author fees schedule
- Contact Steve to make a booking: CONTACT LINK
- Fees based on ASA (Australian Association of Authors) schedule.
- Member of SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators), CBCA and ASA
- Working With Children Check No: 115445
- ABN 54 701 702 317
- Public Liability Insurance
- Australian Curriculum Links